The cold that won’t quit – Weekend Recap

Hey, friends! Thanks for visiting the blog today.  How was your weekend?  I had high hopes for this weekend. We spent the weekend in the woods with my parents. While it was lovely to get out of town and enjoy the cool mountain air, it was definitely not the weekend I had planned.  Friday morning started with a sick and cranky baby girl.  Since the dude had been sick earlier in the week, but the little lady had thus far seemed fine, I was cautiously optimistic that she would manage to avoid his cold.  Sadly, this was not the case and I was concerned about her symptoms, so Friday morning was spent in her pediatrician’s office. We left the office with a couple prescriptions and an assurance that it was still okay to travel.

The drive up on Friday afternoon was actually wonderful! The babies were in a good mood, and it was a pretty, relaxed drive.

Also, my son thought this lake we drove by was the ocean, which was adorable.  It really is a huge lake!  We got in a little late, but after getting settled and putting the babies to bed, were able to enjoy the campfire and relax a little before getting to bed ourselves.

Friday evening the little miss did not sleep well and was up early. It’s hard to mind an early am when you get to snuggle a baby and enjoy a beautiful sunrise though.

For the most part, the kids both seemed to be doing okay on Saturday and we hung out and explored the woods.   They really seemed to love being out in nature, and it was nice to unplug and spend time together.  I was also able to get a little jog in midday.  It was a beautiful path.

Neither of the kids napped well Saturday, so we had an early dinner of steak and salmon (I had salmon) with grilled sweet potatoes, squash and garlic bread. It was delicious!

The babies went to bed pretty early, while the adults enjoyed some campfire and s’mores time.

The little miss did not sleep well at all Saturday.  My poor girl woke up every hour or two and was feeling pretty miserable, so I ended up being up with her most of the night.  I was pretty grateful to have my mom there.  Having the extra set of loving hands made it easier to take care of the little miss, and make sure her brother was getting plenty of attention as well.

We headed home as soon as we were up on Sunday, hoping to get the little miss settled and comfortable back at home.  Fortunately, it was a pretty uneventful drive, so we made it back by midday.  The rest of the day was spent snuggling babies and making homemade chicken noodle soup.


Here’s to hoping that this next week is a healthier one for all of us over here.  How was your weekend? Are you (or did you) watch the eclipse?  I don’t think I will be able to watch much of it, and I don’t have viewing glasses.  But I still remember watching one as a child and how cool I thought it was.

Hope you have a great day!


20 thoughts on “The cold that won’t quit – Weekend Recap

  1. That really stinks your daughter got sick while you guys were out of town. Although it’s nice that your mom was able to help you out! The area you were in looks gorgeous.

    I don’t have glasses so I don’t think I should go out and watch the eclipse but I may try to get a tiny peak. Have a great Monday 🙂

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.