*This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure here. Thank you for your support!
Happy Tuesday! How has your week started out? No complaints over here. Monday was a busy day, but a good one. I was up bright and early to teach my class. I know I have mentioned it before, but I love the folks that come to my class. I have a great group of regulars who are so fun and upbeat. They also go out of their way to say hi to new folks and make them feel welcome, they are the best.
Today I am sharing my veggie blueberry muffin recipe. It took a few tries to get these how I wanted them, but they have quickly become a household favorite. They are fruity and comforting, with a healthy dose of veggies. I have been enjoying them warm with a little butter, but the kids love them straight from the fridge.
Veggie Blueberry Muffins
Makes about 18 muffins
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded (about 1.5 cups total shredded veggies)
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat flour (don’t have oat flour? No problem, just run old-fashioned oats through the food processor until ground).
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (I used vanilla flavored)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen, I like the frozen wild blueberries, which are a little smaller)
Directions: Preheat oven to 350. Spray muffin pans. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add eggs, applesauce, almond milk, and honey to dry ingredients. Stir in zucchini and carrots. Gently fold in blueberries. Bake for about 25 minutes.
What is your favorite kind of muffin? I don’t know that I have met a muffin I didn’t like, but I am especially partial to blueberry.
Hope you have a great day!