Welcome friends. I had a pretty lighthearted post planned for today and will get to it. But feel it would be remiss to not take a moment to send my thoughts and prayers to the victims, their family and friends, and all others impacted by the mass shooting yesterday. I felt my heart breaking all day yesterday as I the news updates came out. There has been so much tragedy and struggle the last several weeks and yesterday’s events are just devastating. If you are able to help or donate to support those impacted by the shooting, the recent earthquake, or hurricanes, I encourage you to do so.
Now, for my planned post. Also, here is a picture of Moglei, which is unrelated, but he is such a comforting little presence.
I saw this quiz on a friend’s Facebook the other day and thought it would be fun to do. I always love when friends post these, they are fun to read and it’s nice to learn something new about folks. I would love to get to know you better, so please play along in the comments.
20 random facts about me.
1. Do you make your bed every day? No, I have never been especially good about making my bed, though the hubs is usually still asleep when I get up, so I use that as my excuse.
2. What’s your favorite number? 7
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I love to travel and want to go all over. But if I was picking a travel destination right now, probably Thailand or Iceland.
4. If you could, would you go back to high school? Sure, I’d check it out again, not sure how long I’d want to stay though.
5. What is something no one would ever guess about you? I was an especially shy child and teen. I have had several people tell me as an adult that they could not imagine me being so shy.
6. A job you had which people would be shocked to know you had? I don’t think I have had any shocking jobs. I did work at an ice cream shop all through high school and I have known people who were surprised I still like ice cream after eating it all the time for years. Ice cream is amazing though and it is still one of my favorite desserts.
7. Early bird or night owl? Definitely an early bird, always have been. I don’t have a problem staying up late though.
8. Can you drive a stick shift? Maybe in an emergency, I haven’t since high school and didn’t drive a stick shift more than a handful of times then.
9. Guilty pleasure? Britney Spears, I love her music!
10. Tattoos? 2
11. If the world ends do you want to be one of the survivors? I don’t know, probably not.
12. Things people do that drive you insane? Not use the turn lanes when they are turning, particularly at this one intersection in town that gets way congested with people trying to cross over to turn.
13. Do you have any birthmarks? Yep, just one.
14. Favorite childhood game? Candyland, I am super excited to play it with the babies as well!
15. Do you talk to yourself? All the time.
16. Do you like doing puzzles? I do, the hubs and I go through phases where we will work on them while hanging out in the evenings. It has been a couple of years since we have worked on one, so we are probably about due.
17. Favorite type of music? I like most types of music. If I am working out on my own, I tend to listen to a mix of hip-hop, pop, punk and metal, which surprises people sometimes.
18. Tea or Coffee? I puffy heart both! I pretty much always start my day with coffee and move to tea in the afternoon.
19. The first thing you remember wanting to be when you grow up? A doctor, as I got older a trauma surgeon. Though I don’t know that I could handle actually performing surgery.
20. The first thing you do in the morning? Drink a big cup of water (we keep one by the bed) and check my phone. I know checking my phone first thing is probably not the best habit, but I always give it a quick glance to see if I missed any calls or texts overnight.
Now your turn! Pick a couple of questions to answer.
Hope you have a great day!