Hey! Nice to see you guys here today. How was your weekend and holiday? We had a great one that was pretty jam-packed with holiday-related activities. Instead of doing the usual full recap ( which would end up being quite the long post), I thought I would just share 5 highlights.
1. Catching up with an old friend. My friend Sarah has been in town for the holiday and I got to hang out with her both Friday and Saturday. It was so nice to get to see her! There is nothing like spending quality time with a friend that has known you forever.
2. Winterhaven. On Friday evening we were fortunate enough to be able to have pizza with some friends from the kid’s school and then stroll Winterhaven. It was a lot of fun getting to know the other parents and the kids had a blast playing together. The actual strolling and looking at lights ended up being a little short-lived due to a tired little guy, but it was mostly great fun and there were some amazing light displays.
3. Cookie decorating. On Saturday we had some friends over to decorate cookies. It was a great time, and we ended up with plenty of cookies for Christmas festivities and to leave out for the big guy on Christmas Eve. Also, frosted sugar cookies are one of my favorite holiday treats so I was more than happy to do a little taste testing.
4. Seeing Coco. On Christmas Eve, I got up early for a workout, then the hubs and I took the babies to see Coco. We went to the early bird showing at 8:50, and ended up being the only people there for the showing. It was amazing having the theater to ourselves. I was especially grateful because I LOVED the movie but the kids got a little antsy towards the end. Since it was just us we were able to let them move around the theater a bit, but if there had been other people there we probably would have had to leave early. I am super glad we were able to stay and watch the ending, that may or may not have made me cry.
5. All the Christmas celebrations! We spent Christmas Eve at my In-Laws and enjoyed dinner, presents and family time for most of the afternoon and early evening. It was quite the feast of ham, ravioli, a beautiful salad and scalloped potatoes. We then came home to leave cookies out for Santa and get the beans tucked into bed.
Christmas morning, we were up bright and early with the babies to see what Santa had brought and enjoyed some cinnamon rolls.
The babies were pretty pleased with their presents from Santa. The little guy asked for a “big Lightning McQueen” that he could push around, and the little miss wanted a “snake and a candy cane.” Santa delivered and we got to bask in the joy that was two very content little kiddos.
A little later in the morning, we had the grandparents (our parents) over for brunch. We had tamales, more ham and lots of fruit, as well as a celebratory mimosa. It as a nice leisurely morning of chatting, opening presents and watching the kids enjoy their new toys.
Later in the day, we went to my parent’s for dinner, then brought the babies home and got them tucked in nice and early. They were pretty worn out from the all the festivities.
I was pretty spoiled by Santa as well! I got a new Instant Pot, as well as some fun stuff and workout gear. After the last few days of goodies galore, I am looking forward to making some healthy recipes in the Instant Pot and getting some good workouts in this week.
So friends, how was your holiday? What did you do to celebrate? Or if you did not observe the holiday, how was your weekend?
If you have an Instant Pot, any recipes I should try?
Hope you have a great day!