Hey guys, how are you today? Do you make resolutions for the new year? Now that Christmas is over, my mind is focusing on the new year and what I want to it to look like. I always write down goals for the new year, I used to call them resolutions but they are really more goals of things that I want to accomplish, maintain, etc. Instead of sharing the necessary but less exciting goals I set for work, finances, etc, I thought I’d focus on fun stuff for the year in this post.
I have had such a good time with my fall and holiday bucket lists this past year, that I decided to do one for the whole year as well. I may still do seasonal ones, but I wanted one big one that encompasses things that I want to make happen over the course of the year. I also got some family input, so that we could keep our family bucket list items in mind as well.
I love these lists because I feel like it keeps the idea in my head, so I am more likely to go do it. Also, I really love crossing things off lists, so that might be part of it as well.
Personal bucket list items:
- Finish my personal trainer recertification (I am started on this, but I want to make sure I wrap it up well before my fall deadline).
- Attend a yoga retreat. Whether it be an afternoon workshop or a full weekend retreat I want to spend some extended time on the mat. I feel I get so much out of that extended practice and self-reflection. (I still eyeball this shirt every time I go into this particular studio, but haven’t gotten around to buying it yet).
- Speaking of yoga, I hope to get a lot more regular with both my yoga and meditation practice. I’d love to nail some new to me inversions in the next year and consistency is what is going to get me there. The meditation is just something I know helps to keep me calm and present, but I not great at sticking to it long-term.
- Another personal goal is to complete the Duolingo Spanish program. I have been working my way through the Spanish Courses on Duolingo and am aiming to finish them in 2018. Then I’ll just need to build up the courage to start practicing my Spanish in real life. The little miss kind of likes doing the lessons with me, so maybe this can also become more of a family thing.
Family bucket list items:
- “Bake cookies” this one came from my little guy, who loved helping me with holiday baking and cookie decorating (and sneaking sprinkles). I would expand this to more family baking in general, I love spending that time in the kitchen with my kiddos.
- Go to the beach. Both the hubs and my little dude requested another beach excursion. I am a pretty easy sell on visiting the beach so we will have to make that happen.
- For the hubs and I, go on more dates. Possibly a little just the two of us weekend getaway sometime this year as well if we can swing it.
- Speaking of dates, we are hoping to have more movie dates as a family. I love going to the movies (and eating movie theater popcorn) and the kids are starting to really enjoy movies (though I doubt we will luck into many more empty movie theaters).
- Step up our decorating game. Both in general and for the holidays. Decorating has never been my strong suit. I truly appreciate a well-decorated house, but just don’t put the time and energy into it. The kids love it though, so this year I want to focus on it more. I think we will all like it.
- Enjoy more arts and cultural experiences. We have taken the kids to a few musicals and they love them. I want to expose them more to the arts and cultural celebrations that happen in our area throughout the year.
Do you set goals or resolutions for the new year? What are you hoping to do in 2018? I would love to hear about your ideas!
Hope you have a great day!