Hey guys! Popping in on a Thursday because Maureen over at Maureen Gets Real nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award and I thought it was just too sweet of her and to fun to wait on. Thanks Maureen!
Maureen Gets Real is a lifestyle blog where Maureen shares her life as a recent college graduate now in the workforce. She shares her love of reading (I have found so many books I want to read from reading her blog), running and fun life stuff. I especially enjoy the sweet stories and adventures she and her boyfriend Alex share, their his and her first date recounts are hilarious and totally worth a read.
Today I am answering 11 questions she asked me and nominating 5 fellow bloggers to answer 11 questions of their own.
So lets get started
1. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
I share a bit about my blog name here, but in a nutshell, I wanted something that was “me” and was in line with my strive for balance in life. I love pizza, and one of my longtime fitness goals is to be able to bust out some perfect pull-ups. I was thinking of the two, and my blog name was born.
2.What has been the most rewarding thing you have found with blogging?
Blogging has given me a great creative outlet that I think I really needed in my life after becoming a mom. It has also connected me with so many amazing people, which I am incredibly grateful for.
3. What’s your favorite food?
I feel like I should say pizza, and it is definitely a top three. I could also eat tacos pretty much any time. Smoothies are also high on the list, and well food in general, I like to eat lol.
4.Would you rather be hot or cold?
Cold, I tend to run hot. Though I live in the desert and have not experienced much real cold, so I could have a different answer if I lived in a different climate.
5. What’s one trend you don’t understand?
The Tide Pods challenge, how/why is that a thing?
6. If you could have a job and housing completely taken care of, where would you move?
It is a toss-up between Kauai and London. We honeymooned in Kauai and I absolutely fell in love. I spent a semester of college in London and loved the hustle and bustle of the city. Something about London just made me feel so at home.
7. What is one thing you never leave home without? Aside from the obvious things like keys, wallet, and your phone.
I try to never leave without my water bottle or some sort of beverage. I am perpetually thirsty.
8. Chocolate or vanilla?
Chocolate all the way.
9. What’s the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
At my bridal shower: you can have something done for you or you can have it done your way.
10. What is your favorite place that you have visited?
So far Kauai, but I love to travel and hope to experience lots of new to me places, so hopefully I will be discovering new favorites in the future.
11. What’s one thing on your bucket list and why?
So many things! All the travel. I also want to go through yoga teacher training, I have heard it is such an amazing experience and would love to deepen my practice.
The hubs and I have also decided that attending the Kentucky Derby is a must do one day, complete with amazing hat.
Now to pass along the fun…
- Horne State of Mind
- Shooting Stars Mag
- With Love and a Little Self-Deprecation
- I’m Busy Being Awesome
- The Urben Life
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- What made you decide to start your blog?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging so far?
- What’s the last show you binge-watched?
- Are you a night owl or an early bird?
- If you wrote a book, what would it be called?
- If you could go on your dream vacation tomorrow where would you go?
- Coffee or Tea (or if neither, beverage of choice)?
- What advice would you give to your teenage self? Would your teenage self have listened?
- Do you make New Year’s Resolutions? Do you keep them?
- Who would your celebrity best friend be?
- What is the best thing that has happened to you this week?
Want to play along, answer a question in the comments.
Hope you have a great day!